Head to the ALW Calendar to check dates and workshop options.
To assist you in becoming more effective in leading team meetings, delivering presentations or facilitating group sessions.
WTC Facilitation Philosophy
Make learning engaging, tangible and as much fun as possible!
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will:
- Identify and experience the 5 Behavioural Facilitation Pillars
- Describe common negative attitudes demonstrated by workshop participants and develop effective ways of reducing or eliminating these attitudes
- Gain exposure to techniques that ensure participant involvement and increase motivation to learn
- Review and report on one article related to adult education and learning principles
- Acquire a variety of current facilitating resources and tips
- Minimize the challenge of being viewed as the only source of expertise
Behaviourism focuses on the actions required for change. When applied to facilitating, the facilitator assists the participant in obtaining specific skills and knowledge. This approach is both outcome-oriented and process-oriented.
This type of facilitating:
- identifies factors that must be learned for the desired outcome,
- arranges them in a step-by-step, consistent manner,
- presents skill development in a learn-by-doing process
Who should take this:
- Leaders and Directors
- Managers and Supervisors
- H.R. Professionals
- Workshop Presenters and Facilitators
- Learning Specialists
There are no upcoming events.
This workshop has been approved by CPHR for 6 Continuing Professional Development hours towards maintaining the CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources) designation.