On Saturday, February 25, 2012, the Winnipeg Transition Centre, in partnership with Manitoba Lotteries, hosted the third annual Dress for Success event.
The event was hosted at Elements the Restaurant and was attended by a number of young women from Winnipeg high schools. The day combined a brunch with a workshop run by Tara Crawford, an associate of Lew Bayer, Canada’s leading civility expert in cultural competency. The workshop provided invaluable information to the young women about ways to network and make a positive impression in professional situations.
- 5 key behaviors in business and social settings
- The secret to a positive first impression
- Dining and table etiquette
- Starting a conversation
- 3 essential ingredients to an executive wardrobe
- Words to avoid in order to exhibit credibility and confidence
We would like to extend an enthusiastic thank you to Manitoba Lotteries for sponsoring the event, to the staff at Elements the Restaurant for hosting and to Tara Crawford for facilitating!