Recruitment and Transition Services
Your Human Resources “Resource”
Professional, Confidential, Timely and No Cost to You!!!
In today’s global market place, human resource professionals are facing challenges – both in accessing skilled and young workers, and in retaining mature workers to satisfy staffing levels as “boomers” enter the retirement years.
- The Winnipeg Transition Centre is a non-profit employment service agency funded entirely by Employment Manitoba.
- For twenty-four years we have provided professional job search guidance to motivated unemployed Manitobans. We have assisted thousands of participants in their return to meaningful employment. During our program, we have the opportunity to evaluate the individual’s attitude as well as communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- We have access to young and mature active job seekers who are skilled, dynamic individuals ready to go to work for you.
- Our participants have diverse occupational profiles including but not limited to:
- Administration / Accounting
- Customer Service
- Social Services / Counsellors
- Skilled Trades
- Sales Representatives
- Health Care
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Education / Trainers
For employers the following FREE support services are available:
We offer a free referral service for employers who are hiring. This service allows you quick access to our pool of skilled and motivated workers. Once employers forward a job description to us, the process begins.
- We develop a list of potential candidates who meet the initial hiring criteria
- We screen and forward qualified candidate information using your preferred process
- Benefits to employers include no service fees, no advertising costs, and a faster recruitment process
Please note: It is the employers’ responsibility to test and assess specific skills as well as to conduct reference checks. There is no obligation to select candidates presented by WTC.
If in the future your company is considering staff changes, consider a referral to the Winnipeg Transition Centre. The program is FREE and focuses on empowering clients with the skills they need to find work. Services are confidential and professional. The employee will receive the following services:
- Orientation, Assessment, and Action Plan
- Comprehensive six day 30 hour job search training program including:
- resume development
- interview preparation
- self-marketing strategies
- Internet Job Search
- labour market information
- resource centre
- educational information
- on-going support
We encourage your company or organization to come to our site and speak to our participants about career opportunities and typical hiring procedures.
Contact us at 204-338-3899 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for an opportunity to arrange for an employer presentation. We will notify interested participants to attend the session.
Meeting / Training Rooms
The Winnipeg Transition Centre has one large meeting/training room that holds up to 40 people and a smaller room that accommodates up to 14. We invite companies and organizations to use our rooms to hold meetings and training sessions at no cost depending upon availability.
We also make our training rooms available to employers who would like to conduct on-site interviews.